Things I would rather do than watch Farveez Maharoof bowl:
- Tackle Akuila Uate. Just ask Benji Marshall.
- Watch Craig McLachlan perform stand-up.
- Stand under a window at Lord's.
- Be an NFL fan in 2011. Oh wait...damnit.
- Ice-skate near Aaron Rome.
- Step into the Octagon with Cain Velasquez.
- Be US Congressman Anthony Weiner right now.
- Goaltend for the Vancouver Canucks.
- Defend Dirk Nowitzki.
- Make out with Snooki.
- Go on a date with Francesca Schiavone.
- Watch this season of 'Dancing with the Stars'.
- Visit Kim Duthie in a hotel room.
- Go on a bender like Stu in The Hangover II.
Hashan Tillakaratne should do Sri Lankan fans and the whole cricketing world a favour and blame him for match fixing.
Or they could just not pick him. Either way works for me.
(Editors Note: 'Things I'd rather do than watch Alistair Cook and Jonathan Trott score runs' was the second option for the title of this article. The two are mutually inclusive.)